Nine Nashville Projects Recognized for Development Excellence
Tuesday, May 9th 2017
Nine Middle Tennessee projects were recognized Monday night with 2017 Excellence in Development awards from the Urban Land Institute’s Nashville District Council.
They included the 12-story, 224-room Thompson Nashville hotel in the Gulch, which was selected as the “People’s Choice” based on a vote via text message by attendees at the awards ceremony held at downtown’s Omni Nashville Hotel.
Each year, nonprofit organization ULI Nashville honors local projects for excellence in the areas of land use, design, construction and economics along with collaboration among development team members.
ULI Nashville Chairman Jimmy Granbery said this year’s nine winners represent how Nashville is being built, which makes the city special and not “Anytown USA”.
“We’re building for our creative folks, our growing diversity, for affordability, our livability and the health of our community,” he said.
The winners were picked from 16 entries representing the private, public and nonprofit sectors. All of those were eligible for the “People’s Choice” award, the first of which Riverfront Park and Ascend Amphitheater won last year.
Roughly 620 ULI Nashville members and their guests attended Monday night’s award ceremony at the Omni Nashville.
Mike Higbee, president of Development Concepts Inc. in Indianapolis; Bill Odle, strategic planning director at TBG Partners in Houston; and architect Jessica Toal of ASD|SKY in Atlanta were judges for the 2017 awards.
Here’s a list of the nine 2017 winning projects and their development teams:
- The Belcourt Theatre (The Belcourt Theatre, Tuck Hinton Architects, R.C. Mathews Contractor, Hodgson Douglas, Barge Cauthen & Associates, Pinnacle Financial Partners, PSI Inc., EMC Structural Engineers PC)
Private Sector- Small Project
- Homestead Manor (A. Marshall Family Foods Inc., Cyril Stewart LLC, Enterprise Construction LLC, Gamble Design Collaborative, Kimley-Horn, Ruth Alwes P.E., Genesis Engineering, Pinnacle Financial Partners, Patriot Engineering, City Farmhouse)
- 2963 Sidco Drive (WVF Sidco LLC, STG Design, Crain Construction Inc., Al Wilkinson Landscape Architect, Barge Cauthen & Associates)
- Edgehill Village (Cushman & Wakefield, Weaver Capital Partners, Towery Development LLC, McDevitt Co., Manuel Zeitlin Architecture, Gresham Smith and Partners, Pinnacle Financial Partners)
- Gentry Way (Core Development, Woodland Street Partners, Four Square Design Studio, Paragon Group LLC, Dean Design Group, BB&T, Terranova Engineering, Village Real Estate Services)
Private Sector – Large Project
- 35 Music Square East (Panattoni Development Company, 35 Music Square East LLC, Tuck-Hinton Architects, Alston Construction, Hawkins Partners Inc., Barge Cauthen & Associates, Fifth Third Bank, Claritas Capital, SESAC, Harsh Realty Capital, RPM Transportation Consultants LLC, PSI Inc.)
- Thompson Nashville (MarketStreet Enterprises, The Berger Co., AJ Capital Partners, Hastings Architecture Associates LLC, Parts and Labor Design, JE Dunn Construction, Hodgson Douglas, Civil Site Design Group, The Safaie Landry Partnership Inc., Uzun+Case LLC, RPM Transportation Consultants LLC, TTL Inc., TVG Environmental Inc.)
Open Space Award
- Centennial Park Phase I Master Plan Implementation (Metro Nashville Parks and Recreation Department, Metro Water Services, The Conservancy for the Parthenon and Centennial Park, Rock City Construction Co. Inc., Hodgson Douglas, Nelson Byrd Woltz, Civic Site Design Group, Prevost Stamper Irrigation, BDY Environmental LLC, Power Management Corp., TALA/Centennial Park Conservancy Liaison, Wilmont Inc., WiSEngineers Inc., Ashworth Environmental Design)
Building Healthy Places Award
- 8 C1TY BLVD (oneC1TY/Cambridge Healthcare Properties Inc., Cambridge Nashville Medical Center LP, Earl Swensson Associates Inc., JE Dunn Construction, Civil Site Design Group, Amegy Bank, RPM Transportation Consultants LLC, TTL Inc., Structural Affiliates International, Smith Seckman Reid Inc., SSRCx, Facility Diagnostics, Interface Engineering, 505 Design, Raimi + Associates)